What’s Up – November 5
Welcome to What’s Up! Your one-stop location where we keep you up to date with everything in the world of Gears.
- Gears Anniversary Weapon Set
- Brothers to the End
- Gears Tactics
Gears Anniversary Weapon Set
Fourteen years ago Gears of War entered all of our lives. The impact of this storied franchise is hard to measure. Since then, there have been 7 games full of jaw-dropping fights, utterly heartbreaking moments, and the deaths of millions of monsters…and of course, the billions of waves of Horde and Versus rounds.
To celebrate this anniversary, we’re rolling out a special Medal Group for players to complete to earn the complete gorgeous Destined weapon set.
- Always Remember…
- Complete 14 rounds of Versus, Waves of Horde or Acts of Escape
- It’s a Massacre
- Get 3 Executions with the Lancer
- This is my Rifle
- Get 14 kills with the Lancer
- Nothin’ but Bits!
- Get 14 Kills with the Gnasher
- Get 14 kills with the Snub
You’ve got until the end of Operation 4 to claim this set.
And the winner is…
We asked and you’ve spoken. The overwhelming majority of you have asked for Brothers to the End to be the final Versus event of Operation 4. This event will kick off next Tuesday, November 10.
For those of you that haven’t played this classic, this is a 2v2 TDM fight with just 6 respawns. Pro tip: Fighting together is the key to victory so stick together like Marcus and Dom.
We’ve also curated a dedicated map list for this event to keep the action spicy.
- Allfathers Arena
- Blood Drive
- Training Grounds
The launch of Gears Tactics on console (and update to the PC version) is only a few days away. This week, we’ve spent the last few days showing off what to expect. In case you missed it, here’s what’s new in Gears Tactics.
- Welcome, Jack! Jack is the newest member of the Squad with his own skill tree and will certainly play a critical role in helping your team take down Ukkon.
- New enemies and new equipment. We’ve amped up the difficulty with the addition of Deviant Enemies but we’ve also added Supreme Equipment to help you in your fight.
Make sure to stop by our Developer Stream today as we play Gears Tactics on the Xbox Series X and demo all the new goodies that have been added to the game.