THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: September 8 – 14
This Thursday, September 10 marks the one-year anniversary of the launch of Gears 5 and what a ride it’s been. While the early arrival of the Sam, Minh and Sraak kicked off the festivities sooner than we wanted we still have a few goodies planned for this Thursday to celebrate. We’ll provide all the details in What’s Up.
In the meantime, we’ve got a few changes coming today:
- We’ve fixed the issue so now boosted players will get 2x XP when playing Ranked FFA.
- The last version of the Developer’s Playlist rolls today. Check out all the details here.
Versus Event: Classic Execution
Calling all OG Gears fans!
Get ready for Classic Execution – 4v4 teams, only Gears of War 1 weapons, no wall canceling, and increased slide speed. Yup, you read that properly.
As always, send us your clips and we’ll feature some of the top ones.
Featured Hive: The Onslaught
This is the last week of The Onslaught – which should be just enough time for you to complete it on Master.
Just like the name implies, The Onslaught throws tons and tons of enemies at you. We’ve placed some mounted turrets to help clear a path – just don’t stay too long or you risk being enveloped by the toxic venom.
- Classic Cole – 250 Iron or 2,000 Coins
- Collector’s Dom – 250 Iron
- I’ve Got The Codes mark – 65 Iron
- Retro Wave weapon set – 850 Iron or 6,800 Gears Coins
- Retro banner – 100 Iron or 800 Gears Coins
- Chrome Steel Benjamin – $9.99 USD