This Week in Gears – June 29 – July 5
Hello everyone! Operation 7 Drop 2 arrives tomorrow!
If you want more details on this drop, you can find our Reveal News post here! Now, let’s see what lies ahead!
Versus Event: Capture the Flag
To kick off Operation 7 – Drop 2 we are going to be introducing a new mode to Versus: Capture the Flag.
In Gears 5, Capture the Flag is a variation of Gridiron, with the following changes:
- Players now respawn after being killed.
- Elimination victories are disabled.
- Touchdowns are now worth 4 points (previously 2).
- Touchbacks are enabled – taking your flag to your own Endzone returns it to the center of the map.
- The Endzone capture counter no longer decays after a flag capture is interrupted, allowing you to chip away at the capture time.
- The flag spawn delay has been removed.
- The Round time has been increased.
Additionally, we have a special medal group for this event, details below:
|CTF Champion||Complete 10 Rounds||4|
|CTF Body Count||Get 50 eliminations||5|
|CTF Carnage||Do 25,000 damage||5|
|CTF Veteran||Win 5 matches||6|
Should you complete the medal group you’ll be granted the Pink Phantom Weapon Set!
We cannot wait to see what you all think when this mode launches!
Horde Event: Horde Mania
Horde Mania features fast, intense waves and an extremely short build time. Your team will feel the pressure of near constant action across 25 waves. All maps will be in rotation during this event, and we can’t wait to see just how messy this will get!
- Hivebuster Tak – 250 Iron
- Private Sanguino – 250 Iron
- Private Akagi – 250 Iron
- Tak Banner – 100 Iron
- Tak’s Raven Mark – 65 Iron
- Stranded Dizzy – 500 iron, 4,000 gear coins
- Playing Card Weapon Set – 850 iron, 6,800 gear coins
- Run Over Bloodspray – 250 iron, 2,000 gear coins
- Gosh Darnit Mark – 65 iron, 500 gear coins
- Shark Banner – 100 iron, 800 gear coins
And here is what you can expect across the world of esports in Gears 5!
Gears Pro League
The Gears Pro League is ramping up, as we get towards the halfway point of Split 3. For those of you watching the league, you can be in the running for a glorious weapon set (Syndrome) and Black Steel Kait!
The full information on this week’s matches and the table can be found over on gears.gg!
Women’s esports tournament
We’re extremely excited to announce we have another Gears women’s esports tournament coming up! Featuring a massive $5,000 prize pool, it’ll take place on Saturday, July 3, 2021.
You, and your team, can register to get involved at smash.gg! We can’t wait to watch the action go down!
The open series finals have just taken place! And EGL is not done yet, keep an eye out on EGL TV for more tournaments taking place across the EU and SA!
- Black Steel Armored Anya – 2.99 USD
As we’re wrapping up the month of June, we’ve been asking you to send us your images/gifs of you on the MVP screen with a chosen Pride banner. We’ve loved seeing these posts to celebrate Pride month.
For the month of July, we’ll be focusing on Pets! We want to see photos/media of your pets celebrating you and your Gears adventures!
As always post away with the hashtag #GearsGlory, we’ll be keeping an eye out!
- Prescott now plays his correct audio when retro charging and chainsawing.
- Captain Hoffman should now finally use his own voice lines correctly.
- Fixed areas on Vasgar where the player would be unable to yank.
- The Black Steel Locust Sniper will now display a red outline on his arms from distance.
- The Competitive Leaderboards should no longer have large gaps in the positions.
- Changed the behavior of the Super Charged mutator from “reduced ultimate cooldown” to “reduced cooldown while doing damage” to resolve an exploit with Jack’s ultimate.
- Reduced the amount of freezing damage dealt from the “Freezing Grenadiers” mutator.
- Reduced the damage resistance of the “Heads Up” mutator on boss creatures.
- Fixed an issue where Palace Guards and Flame Grenadiers would regenerate health even if “Enemy Regeneration” was not an active mutator.
- Fixed an issue where flying enemies would get stuck inside interior spaces on Bunker.
- Fixed an issue where the wave would not end if all players went DBNO if a Palace Guard or Flame Grenadier was present.
- Rebuilding the Fabricator will now correctly remove 4000 power.
- Added the Smoke Grenade to the Fabricator.
- The Palace Guard and Flame Grenadiers can now be stunned and staggered by Ultimate and Skill Card effects.
- Grenades will no longer trigger the effects of The Hammer, Armored Shot and Serrated Edge.
- Audio will no longer occasionally fail to play on certain enemies.
- The Mechanic’s class icon has been changed to reflect the Turret ability.
- Passive will now correctly penetrate enemy targets.
- Slugger’s “Power Shot” Skill Card will now correctly penetrate enemy targets.
- The damage bonus from Slugger’s “Power Shot” Skill Card will no longer be lost while using Heavy Hitter.
- Slugger’s “Tough Skin” Skill Card now correctly gives resistance to ballistic weapons only.
Small Main Menu Update
To accommodate this drop, we will be restoring the ability to see your preferred COG and Swarm/Locust in the Main Menu, alongside your chosen Weapon skin!
For the first week of Operation 7 – Drop 2 you’ll see Mercy featured on the main menu, after that we’ll then rotate through all our released maps in Gears 5. For each time you finish a match and go back to the main menu you’ll then see another map.
Operation 7 – Drop 2 launch time
Operation 7 Drop 2 arrives tomorrow, the title update will launch at 10:00 AM PDT.
However, you won’t see any of the new Operation 7 – Drop 2 content until we launch our live update at 12:00 PM PDT!
For everyone here at TC, we hope you as always take care and get hyped for Operation 7 Drop 2, arriving tomorrow!