This Week in Gears – Apr 27 – May 3
We have something new for you to try this week – BRAWL!
Versus Event: Brawl
Brawl is a TDM variation, with the following notable changes.
- Players no longer respawn at the traditional static TDM spawn points. They will instead spawn throughout the map – nearer to their teammates and as far from enemies as reasonably possible.
- The Weapon respawn timers are on pickup, not use. So that this will not create too much power on the map, the weapon respawn times have been slightly lengthened.
- Players will take less damage from a distance while DBNO – similar to Execution 2.0, Gridiron, and Escalation.
The Medals for this Versus Event are:
- Win 5 Matches in the Brawl Versus Event – 6 stars
- Deal 50,000 Damage in the Brawl Versus Event – 5 stars
- Get 75 Eliminations in the Brawl Versus Event – 5 stars
- Complete 5 Matches in the Brawl Versus Event – 4 stars
The reward for completing the full medal group is 3,000 coins!
Horde: Locust are Returning
The Locust are coming to Horde! The units from the Nexus Siege event will be making their way to your bases to destroy you. The bosses will not be coming, so at least you don’t have to deal with Karn, Jermad, RAAM, Skorge, or Myrrah. The Horde enemy sets have been rebuilt to support this change, so it’ll be a brand new Horde Experience!
Escape: The Mines
The first Hive to feature a choice. Which path will you choose to set the fastest time? Fight your way to the branch and choose your fate.
- Chairman Prescott – 500 Iron
- Collector’s Jermad – 250 Iron
- Timelapse Full Set – 850 Iron
- Prescott Banner – 100 Iron
- Prescott’s Watch Mark – 65 Iron
- Inside Out COG Gear – 500 Iron or 4,000 Coins
- Pixel Art Jack – 500 Iron or 4,000 Coins
- Pixelated Legacy Weapon Set – 425 Iron or 3,400 Coins
- Retro Banner – 100 Iron or 800 Coins
- Poop Bloodspray – 125 Iron or 1,000 Coins
- Chrome Steel Benjamin Carmine – $9.99 USD
- Chrome Steel Clayton Carmine – $9.99 USD
- Chrome Steel Lizzie Carmine – $9.99 USD
Thank you everyone who tagged us in their collections for Gears Glory, we loved seeing all of them!
Our favorites are:
We look forward to the clips you’ll be sending us for May’s Gears Glory, which starts up next week. We’ll be looking for your spectacular, game-stopping PvE or PvP Headshots! Please keep clips short – think ‘Gif’ please.
Ice Weapons Skins
We’ve noticed that there is some confusion around the Ice Block Loadout. To help with this, we wanted to set some things clear.
The Ice Block Loadout being released at a future date is mentioned in the What’s Up from August 2019. Regarding the other exclusives:
- Ice Kait: Won’t ever re-release
- Glacial Armor Kait: Won’t ever re-release
- Ice Jack: Won’t ever re-release
Execution 2.0 Update!
Execution 2.0 fans, we have great news for you – Execution 2.0 will be available in Quickplay for the remainder of Operation 6! Though it may be leaving the Event tomorrow, you will still be able to play it there.
Have a great week everyone!