This Week in Gears – August 10 – 16
Hello everyone! Another This Week in Gears awaits us, our first since Operation 8!
For this week, we’ll be activating Vampiric FFA!
This event is all about 14-player Free for All with one mutator active.
- Vampire: You only heal when dealing damage, this presents the opportunity to go on an absolute rampage if you keep winning your fights.
Note: For this event, the Torque Bow spawns have been replaced by the Markza MK2.
Vampiric FFA also has a medal group to complete:
- Complete 5 Matches – 4 Stars
- Get 50 Eliminations – 5 Stars
- Do 50000 Damage – 5 Stars
Completion of this medal group will grant 3,000 Gear Coins
The juvies in this hive are electrifying and won’t go down easy.
- Desert Swarm Drone – 250 Iron
- Desert Swarm Hunter – 250 Iron
- Hopscotch Loadout Execution – 500 Iron
- Taco Bloodspray – 250 Iron
- Alien Mark – 125 Iron
- Major Paduk – 500 Iron, 4,000 Gear Coins
- Museum Legacy Set – 850 Iron, 6,800 Gear Coins
- Juggler Expression – 300 Iron, 2,400 Gear Coins
- Atom Mark – 65 Iron, 500 Gear Coins
- Trace Bloodspray – 125 Iron, 1,000 Gear Coins
And here is what you can expect across the world of esports in Gears 5!
- Black Steel Queen Myrrah – $2.99 USD
As we mentioned last week, Gears Glory this month is all focused on Tattoos! For this, we’ve been asking you to send us images of your Gears ink! If you want to send yours use the hashtag #GearsGlory.
Only one this week, check out this shoulder Crimson Omen tattoo!
Here’s what server updates you can expect to see this week:
- Added the Pride Omen Weapon set to the Essentials store.
- Removed Ritual as the main menu map screen, the game will now cycle through a list of maps on the menu.
- Heroic Baird has now been added to the Heroic tab.
- Thank you to everyone who played with and gave feedback for the Markza Mk 2 prototype. Based on feedback and our internal testing we will be rolling out the following changes:
- Lowering the body shot damage to require 3 bullets to down an enemy.
- Lowering the ammo count to 20 total shots on pick-up.
- 1-shot headshots will remain as-is.
- In addition, collateral damage will be enabled for this rifle in the latest Versus events.
And as always, take care and have a wonderful week!
This Week in Gears – August 17 – 23