Gears 5 Status
In the course of final testing the content in Operation 2, we discovered a significant, late developing bug in two of the Free For All maps. There is a major a visual corruption that only occurs in rolling playlists, which turns the ice black and compromises the integrity of the map. As a result, the quickplay option in FFA will only feature the map Core until this issue is resolved. This is a priority bug for our team and we are looking at a variety of options to resolve this bug as quickly as possible.
All maps are available for play in custom lobbies. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
For bug reports, common questions and official support for issues not listed below, please visit Support.GearsofWar.com.
As part of our continued post-launch support, we are committed to continually improving Gears 5’s online experience. We know you have concerns, and we want to improve our transparency around our ongoing development work to address your biggest topics of feedback.
Our Development Team is already hard at work on resolving several priority issues, which we’ve listed below. We recognize that these issues have significant impact on your Gears 5 experience, and we’re prioritizing them by the degree of negative impact they have.
Dealing with the issues below are our top priority – but this list does not include any new features or smaller fixes also in development. As these issues progress, will provide more details – including timing – to keep you informed. Thank you for all of your support and feedback since release.
Our team care deeply about tackling these issues as soon as possible. We’ll be keeping you updating you regularly moving forward with any detail we can provide.
Priority: Very High
- Players may not see earned rewards (in-game content, stars, etc.) in the post match flow. While these rewards are showing up later, we are working to ensure all players see rewards as soon as they are earned.
- Players may be randomly disconnected, resulting in a isrupted game experience and potentially unfounded quit penalties.
Temporary Fix: We have temporarily removed the 15 & 30 minute ‘timeout’ penalties to ensure non-quitters aren’t as punished by disconnects. However, Ranked Completion Ratings (RCR) are still active so serial quitters will still receive escalating suspensions.
Permanent fix: Under investigation
Priority: Very High
- Post-match tier skill points are not working as intended.
- They are inaccurate, inconsistent and not representative of a player’s individual performance.
- The net result of this is players are seeing potentially dramatic and wrong rank increases and/or decreases.
- Some players are not being placed in the correct rank upon completion of their placement matches.
- We are also aware of players getting ‘stuck’ in Silver and having harder than expected time to increase their rank until getting out.
We know Ranked in Gears 5 has been a frustrating experience so far, and we’ve been working hard to rectify the issues as quickly as possible.
As of November 13th, we released an update to address an issue that cause a discrepancy between a player’s Skill Points rating and their actual Skill Rating, resulting in dramatic point swings seen in the post-match flow.
In order to ensure that the changes rollout correctly, we have released a mid-season reset of all ranks.
Since we have reset Ranks mid-season, we want to show our gratitude to all our players for your understanding and patience by granting the Blood Moon Imago Character Skin for free. All that is required is for players to log in between the deployment of Title Update 2 and the end of the current Operation.
- Matches in select regions can have higher than acceptable pings.
- Wait times can be unusually long in some regions
Solution in progress.
Phase 1 deployed on Tuesday, October 29th. Find more details here: https://Gears5.com/Improving-Matchmaking
Phase 2 deployed on Wednesday, November 13th. Find more details here: https://www.gears5.com/live-update-nov13
We hope to have updates on Phase 3, focused on improving regional experiences – especially for South Africa, Brazil, Asia and Australia – in the coming weeks.
- We are investigating further weapon balance tuning in Versus
- Our current focus is on the Lancer, Breaker, Markza and Melee.
We have released updated tuning for the Lancer, Aim Adhesion, Markza and Melee so far. We are monitoring the impact of these changes closely.
We are also investigating further tuning updates to focus on the Breaker.
- Players experiencing occasional lag and/or teleporting mid-match
- Some players are still missing Campaign progress following our rollout to resolve the issue
Our team have a lead on the cause and are working to resolve this as soon as possible. We have gathered a significant number of gamertags which has helped us zero in on a solution. We hope to have an update on a resolution in the near future.
(As a reminder, tuning or server-side fixes – unless otherwise noted – can be resolved with live updates. This list is just a reflection of key issues we’re working on and does not include design-related feedback.)